Saturday, April 9, 2016

Last week as student nurses at Save a Life Centre.



For our final week of practicum, we were placed at the Save a Life centre. This facility runs a feeding program for malnourished children as well as a community clinic. The compound also holds the Village of Hope, which includes a school and orphanage.

The first day we accompanied Community Health Workers on home visits. Jamie visited homes along the harbour and Julianne visited homes further inland.  During these visits we checked up on children who were enrolled in the feeding program to assess hygiene, living conditions, and the physical health of the child. We were both thankful for the opportunity to see and better understand the way of life for families in Mongu.
Jamie providing teaching on STIs
The last two days we alternated working in the malnutrition centre and the community clinic. At the malnutrition centre we assisted the staff in weighing children and babies, distributing nutritious food, and teaching caregivers about STIs. Each week the caregivers are offered education on different health topics. We were pleased to see that the majority of children who came in were slowly and steadily putting on weight. We could see what a great resource the centre was to the community and what a difference it has made to many families.

Village of Hope community clinic
In the clinic, we spent the majority of the day testing, diagnosing and prescribing medications for patients (mostly children) who came in with malaria. We saw a wide variety of symptoms, from patients appearing almost healthy to looking feverish and nearly unable to stand. We also worked closely with the doctor on site to assess and treat patients with other complaints. Although the clinic had limited resources, it was well organized and provided effective care.

Julianne in the screening room where we cared for patients with malaria

Staff members from Save a Life Centre
 It's hard to believe that this was our last clinical placement ever. It was eye-opening, enjoyable, and offered us unique learning opportunities. We had an amazing experience in Mongu and are now looking forward to beginning our careers as Registered Nurses.

Jamie and Julianne

2 comments:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346



    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  2. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete